Episode 26: Hitting the Pause Button with Char Lekx
Char Lekx is the host of the Village Mama podcast. She’s also a Transformation Coach who helps women to slow down and begin their journey of self-discovery and personal growth. She loves helping women, mamas especially, to design lives that are sustainable, balanced, mindful and filled with joy. Its her passion to help others go after their dreams so they can start walking in the direction of their purpose; their calling, so they can bring their unique light into the world and shine it brightly.
- Her own story of hustle and grinding into stepping into alignment
- Identity Crisis Following Job Change
- “If I can’t say what I do, then who am I”
- Rebuilding worth not on something external
- Hitting the Pause Button with Char Lynx
- How to uncover your purpose- hit the pause button, follow the trail to what makes you come alive
- It’s not a race, we are all on our own path
- Start journaling, writing down the things you love to do, the things that bring you joy, you’ll start seeing patterns emerge
- Does every person’s purpose need to be their occupation?
- People are afraid to fail...so they never try…
- Anyone who is successful will tell you how often they’ve failed...their success is 10, 20 years in the making
- “Two horses were not made to run alike” -- stop running other people’s races, figure out what race you were meant to run, and go along that route
- When is the right time to change course, how to identify if you are just jumping from thing to thing or if you are actually on the right path
- What to do with negative thoughts...
- Identifying the abundance, journaling gratitude, happiness jar
- Why we say kids are always complaining…
- Book mentioned: Simplicity Parenting
- What if we have too much?
- How to let go of toxic relationships, how to take care of yourself in relationships
Where in the social world is Char? Holla at her:
Village Mama Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/village-mama/id1400543080